NOTE: The foot you instinctively use on the first step of a flight of stairs is your dominant foot. Your dominant foot should be your front foot on a skateboard.
- The throttle on your remote is sensitive. Accelerate & brake gently.
- Maintain a wide and low stance on your board - keep knees bent.
- Lean slightly forward when accelerating.
- Lean slightly backwards when braking.
- Keep your eyes facing forward when riding. Scan both far ahead and in front of the M1 - your eyes are your best tool for safely avoiding obstacles and slippery surfaces.
- Practice controlled stopping.